The Glasgow Agreement is an independently run website founded in Scotland to help amplify the conversation around the climate debate and COP26 being held in November 2021. It is published by climate and well-being focused media consultants Skog Media Associates.
It has no official designation with the official COP26 conference, the UN, UK or Scottish Governments, or other member states. Views expressed are those of individual contributors and not necessarily the publisher.
We are encouraging people and organisations to take part in our Dear Glasgow letter writing project to express their hopes and priorities for action they hope will be taken by world leaders participating in the conference. Contributions should be emailed – with a portrait photo – to firstname.lastname@example.org
These can be written, or video / audio.
Useful links for COP26
- UN Climate Change: https://unfccc.int/
- Official UK COP 26 site: https://www.ukcop26.org/
- Scottish Government: https://www.gov.scot/environment-and-climate-change/
- Glasgow City Council: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/cop26
- What3Words – George Square in Glasgow: https://what3words.com/daring.lion.race
- What3Words – SSE Hydro Concert & Events venue: https://what3words.com/bunks.learn.page
- What3Words – Glasgow Science Centre: https://what3words.com/down.opens.organs
- What3Words – SEC Glasgow Events Campus: https://what3words.com/cable.worth.after
- What3Words – Buchanan Street Bus Station: https://what3words.com/maker.fetch.lamp
- What3Words – Glasgow Central Rail Station: https://what3words.com/save.bets.novel
- What3Words – Glasgow Queen Street Station: https://what3words.com/tribune.crate.liability
- Climate Change Committee | Reducing emissions in Scotland | 2020 Progress Report to Parliament: https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/reducing-emissions-in-scotland-2020-progress-report-to-parliament/
Cop 26 | Diary of a Climate Emergency
- Dear Glasgow … John Bynorth“World leaders arriving in Glasgow in November should remember the school’s strikes’ climate justice protests, which saw thousands of young people protest across Scotland.”
- Dear Glasgow … Charles Quinn“Brave actions are needed. Such advances may result in a dramatic decline in travel. But the benefits must outstrip the negatives.”
- All roads lead to Glasgow as John Kerry and Alok Sharma share plans for COP26US climate envoy John Kerry and UK COP26 President Alok Sharma discussed the road to Glasgow.
- In a single paragraph Joe Biden returns US to Paris Agreement ahead of COP26In just 495 characters President Joe Biden signed the US back up to the Paris Agreement climate accord.
- Dear Glasgow … Neil Kitching“A final wish for nature loss and restoration to be given as much prominence as climate change.” – Neil Kitching
- COP26 Diary: Sharma quits (kind of), Demark leads and teens go to courtCOP26 Diary: Alok Sharma, Danish fossil fuel leadership and teens leading the climate battle in court
- Dear Glasgow … Naysun Alae-Carew“We are all connected, we are one family and the Earth is our shared home. Our individual actions today affect everyone on this planet now and everyone who will exist on it.”
- Dear Glasgow … Derek MacDonald“We want dynamic, innovative solutions to encourage us to be more progressive and productive and do our bit for our country and planet.” – Derek MacDonald
- Dear Glasgow … Zara Janjua“We need to see a serious shift from purely profit-driven models, to businesses that inspire positive impact and change…..” – Zara Janjua
News: In partnership with Planet Scotland
Thanks to our partners
For partnership opportunities, email us at this link.